MeF Business Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MeF Business Rules

Does anyone know where we can find the actual IRS rules dictating what must be present and what is optional for e-filed forms? In particular, I am looking for the business rules they are applying for this year's Form 8867. It looks like I have to sign up as a developer to request this, but under the old e-filing system everyone could read the requirements and know what is passed and what is not and what is and is not required.

Thanks.
    Doug

Originally posted by dtlee View Post
    Does anyone know where we can find the actual IRS rules dictating what must be present and what is optional for e-filed forms? In particular, I am looking for the business rules they are applying for this year's Form 8867. It looks like I have to sign up as a developer to request this, but under the old e-filing system everyone could read the requirements and know what is passed and what is not and what is and is not required.

Thanks.
    Are you talking about a Sch C? 8867 is for 1040 returns... Why would you need to know that, your software company should attached all required form and flag you if all required forms are not filled out.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by spanel View Post
      Are you talking about a Sch C? 8867 is for 1040 returns... Why would you need to know that, your software company should attached all required form and flag you if all required forms are not filled out.

Chris
      Partly because it can help augment the form instructions which are rather poor and partly because I think their implementation of the rules is wrong.
      Doug

Comment

Originally posted by dtlee View Post
        It looks like I have to sign up as a developer to request this
        Yes. Although I don't think the criteria is that you are a "developer", it doesn't appear, at first glance, that you can get this information anonymously any longer.
        "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Working...
        X