Federal withholding tables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Federal withholding tables

Have there been any changes in the federal withholding tables? I was contacted by a client who said he had received an email from his employer stating they would be withholding more federal tax beginning this month. He asked me why this would be and I have no idea of changes in the tables

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
    Have there been any changes in the federal withholding tables? I was contacted by a client who said he had received an email from his employer stating they would be withholding more federal tax beginning this month. He asked me why this would be and I have no idea of changes in the tables
    Most likely explanation for increased withholding is that he is making more money in the new year.

Without even a copy of the email, it seems he's asking you a question you can't possibly answer. Why doesn't he ask the person who sent the email?

[edit] a wild guess, it might be about the increase in the Soc. Sec. wage limit for 2017.
    Last edited by Rapid Robert; 01-18-2017, 12:08 PM.
    "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Working...
    X