scan import of tax documents into tax return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scan import of tax documents into tax return

Do any of you use a scan import program? I am using Proseries- there is a scan import add on. Just wondering how it work in real life. Accuracy rate. If it's a huge pain. What hardware to use- etc.

All of your questions " Just wondering how it work in real life. Accuracy rate. If it's a huge pain. What hardware to use- "can be answered by your review.

For instance, your software must have a tutorial as to what it does and requirements. Also, there are reviews you can obtain of other companies offering such services. You will always need to review the "scanned" output no matter what service you select.

For scanning documents, do you have a "scan only" scanner (faster) or a "all in one" including a scan feature (slower) and do you have Adobe "PRO" not the "free" Adobe Reader or the "Standard". Think it will also depend on what your budget allows remembering "you get what you pay for".

Do a search on this site for related posts.
    Last edited by TAXNJ; 01-14-2017, 09:45 AM.
    Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Do not use.

I found the time I spent verifying the data was imported correctly was the same amount of time I spent typing it in.

Dusty

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty2004 View Post
        I found the time I spent verifying the data was imported correctly was the same amount of time I spent typing it in.

Dusty
        Agree. Good point. That happens and not worth the scanning in your case.
        Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Mytaxman2@gmail.com

Originally posted by snowshoe View Post
          do any of you use a scan import program? I am using proseries- there is a scan import add on. Just wondering how it work in real life. Accuracy rate. If it's a huge pain. What hardware to use- etc.
          i also use proseries for several years now.
          I scan a document on any scanner and post to my desktop. Then on efile on top of proseries, hit add pdf file to tax return. Program asks where is pdf. Hit desktop and hit open on your document. This will import your scanned file to the tax return.

Hope this helps.

David

Comment

The ProSeries Document Management software is really efficient.

Comment

Working...
            X