ACA repeal consequences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACA repeal consequences

I haven't heard any of my thoughts about the following this in the news, so hopefully I'm totally off base. The text of the bill says the repeal will be "as if the act was never enacted". Without any other legislation what will that do to us this tax season as to advance payment reconciliation, net investment tax, additional medicare tax, etc?

I don't see how that bill could ever pass into law with only that verbiage. It would need to address when it takes affect and/or what happens for things that took place prior to the bill being passed.

Comment

Without a super majority in the senate HR 175 isn't likely to go anywhere. Instead they'll do what they can through budget reconciliation.

As you can see there's been a bunch of different bills introduced. It'd be a waste of time to discuss the ramifications of each one since most are not going anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by David1980 View Post
        Without a super majority in the senate HR 175 isn't likely to go anywhere. Instead they'll do what they can through budget reconciliation.

As you can see there's been a bunch of different bills introduced. It'd be a waste of time to discuss the ramifications of each one since most are not going anywhere.
        It does appear that I found a different bill than what is currently working it's way through Congress. Whew!

Comment

You'd think with so much practice, 57 previous votes to repeal the ACA, they would have it down pat by now. But expecting competence from Congress is so Twentieth-century.
          "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Working...
          X