w-2 and box 12 DD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w-2 and box 12 DD

does an employer with one employee have to fill out the health insurance cost in this box? all insurance premiums are in a cafeteria plan

No. The "Transition Relief" says that employers with less than 250 employees don't need to do it yet. I can't find anything that says the IRS has made "further guidance", so the Transition Relief still applies.

"Many employers are eligible for transition relief for tax-year 2012 and beyond, until the IRS issues final guidance for this reporting requirement."

"The relief applies for the 2015 tax year and will continue to apply to future calendar years until the IRS publishes additional guidance."

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

It may not be required, but it is sure helpful since we have to verify health insurance coverage and check the box to efile this year. It is my understanding form 1095 is required in 2016 in order to check that box.
        Last edited by Burke; 01-13-2017, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burke View Post
          It may not be required, but it is sure helpful since we have to verify health insurance coverage and check the box to efile this year. It is my understanding form 1095 is required in 2016 in order to check that box.
          Although I like to have the 1095, I haven't heard of it being required unless we have reason to doubt the taxpayer. Do you any references?

Comment

Originally posted by Burke View Post
            I don't think the amount on the W-2 would be sufficient, as it wouldn't show if full year coverage or if all dependents covered.

Comment

Originally posted by TaxGuyBill View Post
              Although I like to have the 1095, I haven't heard of it being required unless we have reason to doubt the taxpayer. Do you any references?
              Sorry, I cannot find the cite. Found where requirements have been delayed from 1/31/17 to 3/2/17 for entities who issue the forms. Am thinking I may have had it confused with requirement for Form 1098-T.

Comment

Working...
              X