Copier/printer/fax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copier/printer/fax

one of my machines just went out, recommendations??

HP. Get the one that fits your budget. Mine is an old HP Officejet Pro L7780 All-in-One, but still chugging away. I do have a newer black-only printer that's fast for printing tax returns, also a HP. And, my oldest HP color printer for everything else. And, eFax for faxing directly to and from my computer.

Comment

Originally posted by JenMO View Post
      I won't have anything other than a Brother laser MFC. I currently have the 8710 and for me the top document loader and model that accepts the hi-yield cartridge is a requirement.

I'm sure you know this, but pay more attention to the cost of consumables (toner/drum) and speed rather than initial cost.

Comment

Brother MFC

I think they are the way to go. We have 4 in our office and other than replacing drums and toners they are a workhorse.

Dusty

Comment

i have the brother 9340 and it almost burned up. the roller on the back had gotten hot, paper stuck to it, even had charred copies

Comment

i have the brother 9340 and it almost burned up. the roller on the back had gotten hot, paper stuck to it, even had charred copies
            Unless you have had it for a number of years, I'd call Brother customer service. It might just be a defective fuser that they will replace.

Comment

HP4015n but don't upgrade the driver. Stay with UPD PLC5. Prints in black only and more ppm than most
              Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

I know it's not what you're asking for, but my experience has been that all in ones don't last as long or work as fast as single use machines. I have a printer, a scanner, and a copier that are all 14+ years old and work great still. It cost more, but was worth it for the durability. I just had to upgrade my scanner only because its old software wasn't supported by my new computer.

Comment

What did you decide?

What MFC did you decided to go with?

Dusty

Comment

Originally posted by Bay ArEA View Post
                    I know it's not what you're asking for, but my experience has been that all in ones don't last as long or work as fast as single use machines. I have a printer, a scanner, and a copier that are all 14+ years old and work great still. It cost more, but was worth it for the durability. I just had to upgrade my scanner only because its old software wasn't supported by my new computer.
                    I agree. Too much to go wrong with the multi-function machines. I have HP LaserJet printers (B&W only) that work for years with no problems.

Comment

got my fax to work on my older machine, so now taking my time to decide. thanks for all the input

Comment

I remember when the multi-function machines first came out my largest business client bought a gigantic one. One day while I was there, the controller was making a copy of the comparative balance sheet and income statement to use in our meeting. The person before him left it on "Fax" and he ended up faxing, rather than copying, those documents to their largest supplier. Not a good day for the controller.

Like everything else in life...your greatest advantage can also be your greatest disadvantage.

Comment

Working...
                        X