Rant about 1099s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rant about 1099s

So, the FIRE site (IRS information return website) is down for maintenance until January 17th and the 1099s must be efiled by January 31st, right?

Plenty of time when we have 100 other things to do in the last 2 weeks of January. Good times.

Everything is awesome!!! I hope everyone has a great tax season; try to stay sane!!!

Circular 230 Disclosure:

Don't even think about using the information in this message!

Originally posted by DaveinTexas View Post
    So, the FIRE site (IRS information return website) is down for maintenance until January 17th and the 1099s must be efiled by January 31st, right?

Plenty of time when we have 100 other things to do in the last 2 weeks of January. Good times.

Everything is awesome!!! I hope everyone has a great tax season; try to stay sane!!!

https://www.irs.gov/tax-professional...ronically-fire
    Only if more than 250.

Chris

Comment

I thought all 1099 forms and also W-2 forms had to be filed by Jan 31, 2017 for year 2016.

I believe there is an extension for the 1099 forms - to end of February 2017,

Most of my 1099 filings are less than 10 per Business.

I use the FIRE SYSTEM and hav e extensions in the past with no issues, just not sure about the current year filings we are suppose to accomplish

Looking for more information and clarification.

Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by S T View Post
        I thought all 1099 forms and also W-2 forms had to be filed by Jan 31, 2017 for year 2016.

I believe there is an extension for the 1099 forms - to end of February 2017,

Most of my 1099 filings are less than 10 per Business.

I use the FIRE SYSTEM and hav e extensions in the past with no issues, just not sure about the current year filings we are suppose to accomplish

Looking for more information and clarification.

Sandy
        Far as I know that is correct, they just dont have to be efiled. They can be paper filed if less than 250.

Chris

Comment

Due Date

That's how I read it; January 31st is the deadline but only for the 1099s that have Box 7 (NEC) Compensation. I should have been more specific.

If you haven't alerted your clients yet, I would take the time to send out an email campaign soon. A 30 extension is available upon request but if you have to get the client to sign this thing, it would just be one or two more steps to get the 1099s done right?
          Circular 230 Disclosure:

Don't even think about using the information in this message!

Comment

Working...
          X