2017 AFSP ... IRS CE website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 AFSP ... IRS CE website

So far we are 2 weeks until 2017 and the IRS website still doesn't allow CE credits to be uploaded.

Because of that we can't renew our AFSP for 2017.

REALLY?!?!?!?

Chris

We can renew EAs, PTINs, etc. Did you try renewing your 2017 AFSP?

Comment

Originally posted by Lion View Post
      We can renew EAs, PTINs, etc. Did you try renewing your 2017 AFSP?
      Wont let you renew until the CE credits show up.

Chris

Comment

My EA CE Provider just sent out an update today 12/23/2016 -
        The new IRS credit reporting system, which had been down since September 4th is now functioning and all credits completed through 12/22/16 have been reported -- Please note that it may take up to 7 days for the IRS to show the newly reported credits in your PTIN account
        Sandy

Comment

12/28/16 still nothing

I just checked to see if my CE credits were posted but alas they are not.

Comment

Credits Listed

Thanks for the info Sandy. I just checked my info and most of the CPE credits are now posted. The only ones not posted are the ones from the IRS webinars (only 5 credits). Not surprised they haen't posted yet. Thanks again.

Comment

Just Called Them

I was told the black out is still on going. However we will have till April 30, 2017 to get the credits required for the AFSP.

Comment

Originally posted by Kram BergGold View Post
                I was told the black out is still on going. However we will have till April 30, 2017 to get the credits required for the AFSP.
                Got it if wanted - maybe some received it - maybe sending in increments -

Letter stated ".....As an attorney, certified public accountant, enrolled agent, enrolled retirement plan agent, or enrolled actuary subject to all Circular 230 rights and responsibilities, an Annual Filing Season Program Record of Completion serves no additional purpose.

......However, if you wish to obtain a 2017 Annual Filing Season Program Record of Completion, you may log into your PTIN account and elect to participate in the program. Once the indicated steps are complete, you may print your Record of Completion.
                Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

We were just able to upload CE credits to the system today so maybe you will be seeing them soon.
                  In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
                  Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Just checked on my CPE credits and all were posted as of 12/30/2016.

Sandy

Comment

Working...
                    X