PTIN for AFSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PTIN for AFSP

In the most recent Newslettter from NATP, it seemed to say that those of us with the AFSP designation, won't be able to apply for our PTIN until our 2016 CPE's are in the system. Am I understanding this correctly?

Originally posted by Kram BergGold View Post
    In the most recent Newslettter from NATP, it seemed to say that those of us with the AFSP designation, won't be able to apply for our PTIN until our 2016 CPE's are in the system. Am I understanding this correctly?
    In prior years you could apply for the PTIN, but you could not renew the AFSP until the credits were taken and uploaded to the IRS.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Kram BergGold View Post
      Kram
      Why don't you just become an enrolled agent? You know a lot and though you probably don't need it, you have Charles in Cambridge to give you assistance.

Comment

The Reason Why

I don't prepare partnership or corporate returns. I have no interest at this point in my life, to study to take a test.

Comment

Ptin

I got mine when I was 65. The studying for it and the NAEA Fellow courses have kept me sharper. I am now 74 hope to go another 10 years.

Comment

Got PTIN

My understanding was incorrect. I was able to get my PTIN today.

Comment

Working...
            X