Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Basis - Corporate

Hi All,

I'm down to Test 2 - Businesses to complete my EA. I'm scheduled for Oct 24. I am having a terrible time getting basis into my brain! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Have you looked at and studied this link?

Comment

Specific Question

I'm assuming you can look at links and publications until the cows come home and not understand any of it.

Do you have a specific question?

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Rocket View Post
        I'm assuming you can look at links and publications until the cows come home and not understand any of it.

Do you have a specific question?
        Of course!

Property with an adjusted basis of $45,000 was transferred by Susan to her controlled corporation under Code Sec. 351. In exchange, she received stock with a FMV of $70,000, cash of $30,000 and the assumption of her liability on the property of $20,000. What is the amount of gain recognized by Susan?
        Property with an adjusted basis of $45,000 was transferred by Susan to her controlled corporation under Code Sec. 351. In exchange, she received stock with a FMV of $70,000, cash of $30,000 and the assumption of her liability on the property of $20,000. What is the amount of gain recognized by Susan?

Comment

Originally posted by TaxGuyBill View Post
          Have you looked at and studied this link?

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small...and-debt-basis
          Yes, but I will look again

Comment

Originally posted by EllenG View Post
            Of course!

Your question is not about basis, they are telling you what the basis is. You need to calculate the amount of gain recognized. Pub 542 will have the answers.

Comment

Originally posted by EllenG View Post
              Of course!

The 'trick' of this one is to know what §351 means and does.

Comment

Originally posted by kathyc2 View Post
                Your question is not about basis, they are telling you what the basis is. You need to calculate the amount of gain recognized. Pub 542 will have the answers.
                You're correct, sorry....I posted the wrong one

Comment

Working...
                X