audit frustration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

audit frustration

client being audited on expenses ( i did not do original return). talked to auditor, told me what he wanted, fixed all up, mailed on June 22. not certified, but certificate of mailing and in IRS sent envelope. Today, i call to check on since we had not heard anything, and the rep tells me nothing is on the account since i talked to the auditor in May. NOthing!! where does their mail go to? Now to do all over and hope it gets there and opened by deadline. Just venting

Not unusual delay

June 22nd is like yesterday to the IRS.

Assuming you sent the information to the correct mailing address, your documents are probably sitting in a pile somewhere collecting dust. . .

Use of certified mail etc just helps to let you know it "arrived" . . .nothing else.

Don't be surprised to receive a letter (or two or three) in the next month or so along the lines of "we got it. . .haven't done anything. . .'deadline' date has been extended."

FE

Comment

After sending in documentation again, 2 days later get a call and it has been worked on by the auditor and the next letter should be coming out. didn't get a good explanation why correspondence wasn't received, but at least it did get there.

Comment

Working...
      X