Hiring felons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiring felons

I have a client who is able to employ convicted felons. Any known tax breaks for doing that. I've checked TTB and Pub 17 and my Lasser book, cant find anything relevant so this is my last resort. Thanks in advance!
    St.

See link for IRS info on Work Opportunity Credit.

The Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) is available to employers for hiring individuals from certain targeted groups who have faced barriers to employment.

Comment

Yes, see IRS F-5884 and related instructions. Check your state, too. Some states have a similar credit.
      Roland Slugg
      "I do what I can."

Comment

Originally posted by sdarave View Post
        I have a client who is able to employ convicted felons. Any known tax breaks for doing that. I've checked TTB and Pub 17 and my Lasser book, cant find anything relevant so this is my last resort. Thanks in advance!
        St.
        It's cold, but I suspect they are cheaper because they are more desperate. The credit only applies to the first $7,000 per employee. Form 5884 specifically lists ex-felons.

Comment

What happened to the days of providing a safe work place for your employees? Employers use to get sued for poor hiring habits....
          This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Working...
          X