Need phone nuimber for the IRS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need phone nuimber for the IRS

I amended a return and the IRS owed additional refund. This was faxed to the IRS on 4/26/2016. No response since then do you think this is enough time for them to respond. Would like to call them but cannot find a phone #. Please help

Originally posted by arlo View Post
    I amended a return and the IRS owed additional refund. This was faxed to the IRS on 4/26/2016. No response since then do you think this is enough time for them to respond. Would like to call them but cannot find a phone #. Please help
    I don't believe there has ever been an option to fax in a Form 1040X, it's certainly not mentioned in the instructions. But in any case, to track your amended return, this is what the IRS says:

You should generally allow 8 to 12 weeks for Form 1040X to be processed. However, in some cases, processing could take up to 16 weeks. Use the Where's My Amended Return application on IRS.gov to track the status of your amended return. (there is a live web link in the preceding sentence, in case it's not highlighted in your browser).
    "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

need phone # for IRS

Thanks Robert for the reply. Let me correct my post. My Client did not submit form 8962 on her original return. The IRS
      notified her to submit the form and it could be by fax. So we did. She got her original refund. and she had a refund coming from the 8962 of about $300.. This money she wants to know where it is. So need for a phone #. Sorry for the incomplete 1st post.

Comment

Originally posted by arlo View Post
        Thanks Robert for the reply. Let me correct my post. My Client did not submit form 8962 on her original return. The IRS
        notified her to submit the form and it could be by fax. So we did. She got her original refund. and she had a refund coming from the 8962 of about $300.. This money she wants to know where it is. So need for a phone #. Sorry for the incomplete 1st post.
        You can check the status of an amendment on IRS.gov.... however this isn't really an amendment, so you need to call one of their main numbers.

Chris

Tax practitioners have long served an important role in our nation's tax collection system as a conduit between taxpayers and the IRS. The Practitioner Priority Service® (PPS) is your first point of contact for account-related issues. Our Practitioner Priority Service® is a professional support line that staffed by IRS customer service representatives specially trained to handle practitioners' accounts questions.

Comment

Phone Number

I also don't think there is a phone number. But as stated before on a previous thread their is a website. https://www.irs.gov/filing/individua...ended-return-1

When I do an amended return I give my client a copy of the website and tell them how they can check on the status of there return. It says right on there it can talk up to 16 weeks.

Hope that helps. If the links is bad, just do a google search and it should pop right up.

Comment

2 Things

As a previous respondent pointed out this is not an amended return. I would think it will take about 12 weeks before you here anything from IRS. So maybe you should call the Priority Line in late July.

Comment

Working...
            X