Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estate and Gift Tax Classes

Hello My Fellow Preparers!

I've been preparing returns for individuals and small businesses for about 20 years now. Thinking of getting into Estate and Gift Returns and my question for you experts.....what training/classes would you recommend for this avenue of tax preparation? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Beck

Seminars or

Originally posted by beck View Post
    Hello My Fellow Preparers!

I've been preparing returns for individuals and small businesses for about 20 years now. Thinking of getting into Estate and Gift Returns and my question for you experts.....what training/classes would you recommend for this avenue of tax preparation? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Beck
    Estate and Gift tax courses. Check your local universities for their graduate tax courses to get a thorough review vs just a three day seminar.(too elementary). If you put in the effort, one or two courses should help you decide if you want to do estate & gift tax.

Also, some states may require you to have certain credentials e.g., attorney, CPA, EA to prepare it's estate and inheritance returns. So keep your licenses current. You may experience strong competition in this area.
    Last edited by TAXNJ; 04-11-2016, 09:10 PM.
    Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

There are several online sites through professional preparer associations..if you belong to any check their websites. There is also CPEAcademy and CPE LINK, among others.
      Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

NAEA, NATP, CCH/Wolters Kluwer. Check the education schedules of your local professional groups and local university catalogs.

Comment

Working...
        X