Sent lady to VITA, then lost a client to VITA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent lady to VITA, then lost a client to VITA

I sent a lady to VITA only for her to call me back and tell me the lines are too long and she wants to hire me but today I found our I lost a client to VITA(thru client who is friend of lost client). I was not aware VITA prepared returns with Schedule C businesses.

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
    I sent a lady to VITA only for her to call me back and tell me the lines are too long and she wants to hire me but today I found our I lost a client to VITA(thru client who is friend of lost client). I was not aware VITA prepared returns with Schedule C businesses.
    Are you sure that the return prepared by VITA had a Sch C form?

I have sent people to VITA only to come back because they had a K1 or Rental and the VITA supervisor sent them packing!
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Publication 4012 goes a little more in depth. https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p4012.pdf Still limited in that they're not supposed to preparer a Schedule C with a loss, or one with depreciation, and so on.
      Last edited by David1980; 04-09-2016, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Not 100% sure

Originally posted by ATSMAN View Post
        Are you sure that the return prepared by VITA had a Sch C form?

I have sent people to VITA only to come back because they had a K1 or Rental and the VITA supervisor sent them packing!
        Why I am not 100% sure, I was preparing a Schedule C for my ex client for 3 years. Its possible my ex client just decided to drop his business in 2014 OR my ex client never bothered to look over his tax return VITA prepared.

Comment

Answer

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
          Why I am not 100% sure, I was preparing a Schedule C for my ex client for 3 years. Its possible my ex client just decided to drop his business in 2014 OR my ex client never bothered to look over his tax return VITA prepared.
          Want to know the real answer? Best answer would be to call client and ask why.
          Last edited by TAXNJ; 04-10-2016, 07:35 AM.
          Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Local VITA webpate

Originally posted by David1980 View Post
            https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p3676bsp.pdf

Publication 4012 goes a little more in depth. https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p4012.pdf Still limited in that they're not supposed to preparer a Schedule C with a loss, or one with depreciation, and so on.
            Oops something went wrong. You can try searching our website below for help resolving an issue.

Comment

Working...
            X