distributive trade and services bldg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

distributive trade and services bldg

Can a building be depreciated for 15 year under dist trade/services? I used to use 39 year deprec, but research makes me think I can or could have used the 15yr. My client's building is being used for pool, drink and food. Would it qualify?

I don't see how that would fit "distributive trades and services".

However, it might qualify as Qualified Restaurant Property. If it does, that is eligible for 15 year depreciation, the 50% Special Depreciation Allowance, and/or Section 179.

Comment

Originally posted by JenMO
      Can a building be depreciated for 15 year under dist trade/services? My client's building is being used for pool, drink and food. Would it qualify?
      Good grief, no! What research did you do that led you to think that?

"Distributive trades and services" is very narrowly and specifically defined as service station buildings. (See IRS Pub 946, Appendix B-2, Class 57.1)

As for it being "qualified restaurant property" here is the definition of that:

Qualified restaurant property is any section 1250 property that is a building (new building or existing structure) or an improvement to a building, if more than 50 percent of the building’s square footage is devoted to the preparation of, and seating for on-premises consumption of, prepared meals.
      Roland Slugg
      "I do what I can."

Comment

Working...
      X