Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had the same situation of someone not paying

Originally posted by kamckinley View Post
    So a previous client emailed me this evening, and I'm wondering how to respond. Also cooling my heals so I don't send a nasty email that I'll regret later.

A little background... this client has not paid me for the last project I did for him and has not responded to my last few emails. He paid his 2014 tax return prep fee, but he has not paid me for an amended tax return I prepared for him in mid-2015. FYI, the amendment was due to a state tax law change and netted him a refund of over $1,000. Not sure why he fell off the grid, but he has been a PIA client for several years (always late getting his stuff to me, late to appointments, complaining about the fee, etc.), so I was ready to just let this one go.

Anyway, so today he emails me that while preparing his 2015 taxes, he thinks he found an error on his 2014 tax return. I checked and there is not an error, he just doesn't understand how/where the transaction is reported on his tax return.

How would you respond to someone who hasn't paid your last invoice, didn't answer your last three emails and who has admitted he is preparing his own taxes this year? For that matter, would you even respond? I'm sure I will, but I would love to hear how you guys would handle this situation.

Thanks!
    I sent a letter in the mail saying I will NOT do her return any longer going forward. She still owes me for last years return. Didn't reply to any emails or phone calls. Chalk it up as a loss and move on. The energy we waste on people like this isn't worth it. Put the energy to getting a replacement client.

Comment

Working...
    X