Need 2012 Tax Return?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need 2012 Tax Return?

I might need the 2012 return for a possible amended return. If client can't come up with it, what is the best way to get this? Statute of limitations coming up.

POA form 2848

Originally posted by zeros View Post
    I might need the 2012 return for a possible amended return. If client can't come up with it, what is the best way to get this? Statute of limitations coming up.
    Obtain a POA via form 2848. Call IRS, fax to them while on the phone with them, then request a Income & wage Transcript PLUS an Income Tax Return transcript for tax year 2012 be faxed to you. I go for fax and mail to me.

Comment

Or have the TP visit the local IRS office if there is one and get it same-day.

Comment

With a POA you can get the transcripts from Eservices without waiting hours for the IRS to answer the phone and fax them to you.
        Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

POA has to be posted before you can use E-Services

Originally posted by taxea View Post
          With a POA you can get the transcripts from Eservices without waiting hours for the IRS to answer the phone and fax them to you.
          The POA has to be posted before E-services will work. This morning I called the IRS @ 6:15am PST, waited 5 min for the IRS to answer, faxed in my completed and signed POA, IRS faxed away transcripts to me. Whole process from the time I dialed to the time I had the faxes, 30 mins.

Comment

Working...
          X