Roof part of Solar Cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roof part of Solar Cost?

The Solar Company, that installed the system, has told my client that the cost of the roof (that was installed just before the panels were installed) which is underneath where the panels were installed, qualifies for the 30% credit. My research turned up nothing that supported this position. Their position is it is a site preparation expense. Although what I found was not conclusive for inclusion it seemed to say the only way it counts is if the roof is part and parcel with the solar system which is clearly not the case here. Has anyone dealt with this issue?

Even if the roof required additional strengthening in order to support PV panels the work done on the roof would not be included as part of the installation costs for the credit. The amount spent on the roof would have to be adjusted out of the total cost of the pv installation.
    This is a typical salesman who will say anything to make the deal. I would be curious to know whether this is a big name company or an independent installer.
    Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

PV panel for energy credit

Originally posted by Kram BergGold View Post
      The Solar Company, that installed the system, has told my client that the cost of the roof (that was installed just before the panels were installed) which is underneath where the panels were installed, qualifies for the 30% credit. My research turned up nothing that supported this position. Their position is it is a site preparation expense. Although what I found was not conclusive for inclusion it seemed to say the only way it counts is if the roof is part and parcel with the solar system which is clearly not the case here. Has anyone dealt with this issue?
      I have a client told me the sales person told her she qualify for energy credit for installing the panels installed. I asked her to bring me the manufacture certificate stated that it is qualify for energy credit. She has not yet to come back with the certificate.

Comment

Working...
      X