Authors of The Tax BOOK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Authors of The Tax BOOK

I was just wondering if they ever participate in this msg board. I am thinking they do they just go by other names. Just wondering ?

If they do it would be nice to know who they are . Thanks

click on this

TheTaxBook is the #1 fast-answer tax publication in America. Our publications provide fast answers to tax questions for tax practitioners!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
      Thanks I know about the bios, my question is actually if they participate on this board and if so what screen names do they use.

Comment

Yes they Do

Sea-Tax, in a manner of speaking they are "all over" the board answering questions.

In particular, two of them are absolutely ubiquitous. It's probably inappropriate for me to tell you who they are -- if they wish, they can do so themselves. However, you might be able to recognize them by their pen names. They have LOTS of posts, and are quite helpful and with authoritative resources for their advice.

Their bios are, of course, no secret - Brad Imsdahl and Paul Roberts. Stick with us, and you'll eventually put 2 + 2 together and figure out who they are.

Comment

Where have those two been anyhow? I am still not satisfied with the life estate question and Oldjack and I are now having fun with Sec 179.

Comment

Orders

I just ordered the deluxe package with the CD. I was very happy with the price. The CD version will be updated through the internet so that I will not have to make changes to the book version.

Very nice Brad... and I like the self study CPE course..... but would like to have it earlier, like in October or early November, November is my slowest month.
            This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Web CD

As you noticed, the Web CD will be updated automatically over the Internet without having to enter all the updates by hand into your book. My tax software does the same thing. I never have to worry about last minute changes during tax season because the tax software companies are constantly updating and changing the program for the new stuff.

It surprises me that the book publishing business has yet to do the same. Tax rules can change on a daily basis. Through the web, we can give you free updates to keep your printed book current, but that takes time on your part to make those changes to your printed copy. Obviously, re-printing your book once a week or once a month to keep you current would be price prohibitive. The answer is the Internet.

Software companies have been doing this for years, but not book publishers who offer electronic versions of their printed products. Why? The fact is, many of these companies also offer weekly or monthly news letters to compliment their printed book products. A free update service could defeat the purpose of trying to sell these newsletters to customers.

Something I felt very strongly about in leaving my former employer and helping to start this new venture, was that I did not want to sell people a product that was designed to keep their printed publication current. The updates page was always offered free of charge to keep the printed books current. If the printed product is also sold in electronic format, then it should act like my tax software. It should be updated throughout tax season for any new changes. This is something we can do because we are not trying to get you to purchase a weekly or monthly news letter.

This is something I have learned to expect from my tax software provider. We believe it is something you should also expect from your tax reference book provider.

Comment

Originally posted by sea-tax
                Thanks I know about the bios, my question is actually if they participate on this board and if so what screen names do they use.
                There is a feature that says, “View Public Profile” when you click on a message board participant’s name. For example, when you click on my name, you will notice that I have other interests besides scaring crows. I also sometimes like to scare Blue Jays.

You might be able to find clues as to who people really are when you read their profiles.

Comment

Thanks for the hint. Would BEES be one of these fine people ?

The reason I am interested is because I woud think when they talk people would listen and I want to be one of those people who listen. Sometimes you can learn alot by keeping your mouth shut and ears open. Anyhow it appears they do not want to be found out so I guess I will just keep moving along.

Comment

Originally posted by sea-tax
                    Thanks for the hint. Would BEES be one of these fine people ?

The reason I am interested is because I woud think when they talk people would listen and I want to be one of those people who listen. Sometimes you can learn alot by keeping your mouth shut and ears open. Anyhow it appears they do not want to be found out so I guess I will just keep moving along.
                    I suspect the stealth personas understand that they can engage in more open discussion if they're not openly identified. Speaking as a person who is "to be listened to" is much more restrictive than speaking as a person who is part of a group.

I really like the sentiment you presented. One of the last pieces of advice my late father gave me was "Keep your ears open and your mouth shut." I haven't seen that in print since. That was pretty cool.

That was just before he said "Never watch a third strike without swinging."

Comment

Good to Hear from you

Hi Scarecrow,

It is soooo good to hear from you!

Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by S T
                        Hi Scarecrow,

It is soooo good to hear from you!

Sandy
                        Thanks for noticing.

I didn’t really go anywhere….just been hanging around here. There’s no other place for me to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarecrow
                          Thanks for noticing.

I didn’t really go anywhere….just been hanging around here. There’s no other place for me to go.
                          To the Wizard of Oz.

Comment

Working...
                          X