Snow Cone Stand, SEC179?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow Cone Stand, SEC179?

I have a client who purchased a new, portable Sno Cone Stand. Did not purchase land. They have arranged leases to place it on various properties around town during the year, but it is NOT a motor vehicle. Basically built on a small trailer platform Does it qualify as 179 property? Not exactly real estate but not exactly non-qualifying as far as my knowledge of 179 goes. Any opinions?
    Thanks

There are only two types of property: Real property and personal property. The latter is further divided into two kinds ... tangible and intangible. A movable trailer with a small retail business mounted on it sure sounds like tangible personal property to me.
    Roland Slugg
    "I do what I can."

Comment

This item is considered business equipment. Not sure it qualifies for 179 however, is that the best thing to do for the TP?
      I don't like to 179 items for a new business because it frequently wastes the deduction. I check the bottom line without it then with it. If it doesn't change the return significantly I depreciation it because that is usually more beneficial if the TP is expecting the business income to increase in coming years.
      Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
      X