Ethics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ethics

In previous years ethics was not included in the live seminars I attended, at least not identified as fulfilling the 2 hour requirement. So, I took correspondence courses to meet the obligation. It was the same each year. Cir 230 recap.

How do you get your CPE for ethics? Wouldn’t you think the seminars would have this one nailed? Or are we doomed to a Cir 230 reading each year? Not that I've memorized 230 currently and so probably shouldn't complain yet.
    JG

2 hours of Ethics

I was disappointed in the recent EA Journal (May/June), as they had a whole section devoted to Ethics, which was a terrific article. However, when they compiled the 2 hour CPE that is offered, they did not provide 2 hours CPE to Ethics.

I took my online in 2005 at Fun CPE and then for 2006 at CPE Depot.

Sandy

Comment

Ethics

I believe that most CPE providers in the annual 1040 seminar programs devote the required time to Ethics. I know that NCPE does. The NAEA May-June edition has usually designated the full 2 hours of CPE for Ethics, knowing that EAs are now supposed to have it.
      Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Originally posted by S T
        I took my online in 2005 at Fun CPE and then for 2006 at CPE Depot.

Sandy
        Thanks, I'll try it if the 2 hours for ethics isn't there this year.

JG
        JG

Comment

Our state society of independent accountants has a 1 day seminar that includes speakers from the IRS and the state department of revenue. The IRS agent is the presenter for the ethics portion. This is usually tied to the annual meeting.
          In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
          Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

I am wondering if any of the seminars I have taken in CA's IRS tax forum qualify for CPE. The seminars were for 230 issues but my certificate only gives CPE hours as a total. Will try to find out from our state.

Comment

Working...
            X