4506t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4506t

Anybody try the 2 fax numbers for the 4506 and 4506t forms. Our recpt has tried for 2 days to fax one down. It dials then 2 clicks then hangs up. Is there an alternate number for these forms anybody know about?

Forms 4506 and 4506T

Originally posted by TAX4US View Post
    Anybody try the 2 fax numbers for the 4506 and 4506t forms. Our recpt has tried for 2 days to fax one down. It dials then 2 clicks then hangs up. Is there an alternate number for these forms anybody know about?
    Why not just use these instead?

Form 4506

Form 4506T

Both of the forms can be filled in on the computer, and then printed and/or saved. (Of course, you also can just print the two blank forms which include instructions.)

FE
    Last edited by FEDUKE404; 02-06-2016, 10:26 AM. Reason: More info

Comment

Did you try (559) 456-7227?

Comment

Originally posted by FEDUKE404 View Post
        Why not just use these instead?

Form 4506

Form 4506T

Both of the forms can be filled in on the computer, and then printed and/or saved. (Of course, you also can just print the two blank forms which include instructions.)

FE
        I may be wrong but, I thought I read recently that they will mail the response due to ID Theft issues. If I can find the info I will re-post.
        Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Mail response to a document request via Forms 4506 & 4506T

Originally posted by taxea View Post
          I may be wrong but, I thought I read recently that they will mail the response due to ID Theft issues. If I can find the info I will re-post.
          I do not understand this comment.

Both of these documents are merely forms (with instructions) to request taxpayer information. The instructions for the forms clearly state the completed forms are to be mailed (or faxed) to specific IRS locations. At some point, the taxpayer and/or authorized person can expect the requested copy of the transcript or tax return to arrive via snail mail, often after a considerable amount of time.

Using Form 4506 and Form 4506T to request copies of tax documents is a completely different process from what was? / is? available online and where there have been publicized security issues.

Unless I read the original post incorrectly, the writer was merely trying to obtain two tax forms. Nothing more, nothing less. Use of the PDF option simplifies that process and also negates the need for fax capabilities et al.

FE

Comment

What she was trying to do is fax the completed forms to IRS. Number doesn't work. She gets 2 clicks and then a busy signal. She was looking for a possibly different fax number to send the forms in.

Comment

Fax issues

OK. A 49ยข stamp and an envelope or two mailed to Ogden or Cincinnati might have also worked. . .

FWIW: The Form 4506T shows fax numbers in the instructions (Rev. Sept 2015). Those may or may not have been the fax numbers being tried by TAX4US.

One would think the correct (current) numbers would be easily findable at the IRS web site. Of course, you can always call instead and spend 90 minutes or so listening to elevator music.

FE

Comment

Originally posted by FEDUKE404 View Post
                I do not understand this comment.

Both of these documents are merely forms (with instructions) to request taxpayer information. The instructions for the forms clearly state the completed forms are to be mailed (or faxed) to specific IRS locations. At some point, the taxpayer and/or authorized person can expect the requested copy of the transcript or tax return to arrive via snail mail, often after a considerable amount of time.

Using Form 4506 and Form 4506T to request copies of tax documents is a completely different process from what was? / is? available online and where there have been publicized security issues.

Unless I read the original post incorrectly, the writer was merely trying to obtain two tax forms. Nothing more, nothing less. Use of the PDF option simplifies that process and also negates the need for fax capabilities et al.

FE
                I was referring to the IRS response not the TP request
                Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
                X