Missouri preparers- filing deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missouri preparers- filing deadline

Since some MO counties were given tax relief on deadlines, what is the farmer deadline, still March 1 for paying their balance due in full? or are all returns now due May 16? cant seem to find out or read anywhere>

The IRS issued a news release on January 22, 2016 about this. It says the filing deadline for most taxes is extended to May 16, 2016 for "affected taxpayers" in the Missouri counties (about 30) named in the news release.

You may read the entire text of the news release here:
    IR-2016-9, January 22, 2016 — Missouri storm victims will have until May 16, 2016 to file their returns and pay any taxes due, the Internal Revenue Service announced today.

The news release does refer to the March 1 farmer deadline, but it does not specify any special, extended due date for such returns. Thus, I believe the due date for such farmers is now May 16th. I urge you and anyone else affected by this to read the news release and decide for yourself.

The wording that I found puzzling, as well as ambiguous, was the IRS's repeated reference to "affected taxpayers" in the disaster areas. You will note that it does NOT refer to "taxpayers" or "all taxpayers" or "any taxpayer," but to "affected taxpayers." This makes me wonder if a taxpayer must both: (1) live in one of the listed counties AND (2) have been negatively affected by the FEMA-declared disaster.
    Roland Slugg
    "I do what I can."

Comment

Working...
    X