Educator expenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Educator expenses

The Pub 17 I'm looking at says the educator expenses and student loan interest expired, as well a ttb says expiring 2014 for educator expenses. However, I saw a place that said I could take it with a pub date of 12/30/15. Can we take these?

They were extended so yes go ahead and file it with 2015 returns.
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Originally posted by Super Mom View Post
      The Pub 17 I'm looking at says the educator expenses and student loan interest expired, as well a ttb says expiring 2014 for educator expenses. However, I saw a place that said I could take it with a pub date of 12/30/15. Can we take these?
      It's tax topic 458 that says I can take educator expenses. Pub date 12/30/15----so assuming is ok???????

Comment

Originally posted by ATSMAN View Post
        They were extended so yes go ahead and file it with 2015 returns.
        Ok thanks--student loan interest is tax topic 456 date 12/30/15. Just confused by the conflicting material!!!!

Comment

ttb says expiring 2014 for educator expenses
          As ATSMAN posted, the adjustment for educator expense is extended.

Click TTB Home for the Tax Extenders Bill- lower right on the page. It says the educator expense is made permanent and it'll be indexed for inflation too.

Comment

Extenders' law

Might be a good opportunity to review the updates on the TTB web site dealing with the 2015 tax extenders bill. (12-23-15).
            Friends double; family triple. Don't buy an audit for yourself. If someone has to go to jail make sure it is the client. Remember it is only taxes, nothing important.

Comment

Using TTB updates

Originally posted by mastertaxguy View Post
              Might be a good opportunity to review the updates on the TTB web site dealing with the 2015 tax extenders bill. (12-23-15).
              My thoughts exactly!

The emails TTB sends out have some very useful items. Some are free, others (ahem!) require your password to access. Having such updated information arriving on a fairly regular basis is a definite positive aspect of spending the coinage for the printed TTB products!

FE

Comment

Working...
              X