Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1099 Vendors that allow emailing 1099 to recipient?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1099 Vendors that allow emailing 1099 to recipient?

Does anyone know of a 1099 vendor that has the option to email the recipient their 1099 under secure email. Example: Recipient would have to enter the last 4 digits of their SS# to be able to open the file.

i use this site (referred by Tenenz), but I have not used the electronic delivery option.

Comment

the TP should not open the site. Instead the TP should contact the issuer to determine the validity of the email and ask that the 1099 be mailed.
      Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

efile4biz.com offers email option but I do not know how secure it is, have only used the postal mail option

Comment

Originally posted by taxea View Post
          the TP should not open the site. Instead the TP should contact the issuer to determine the validity of the email and ask that the 1099 be mailed.
          I agree with taxea on this one. Certainly there's a convenience to having email, but if you personally received an email from an unknown company asking you to enter digits from your SSN to view a document would you trust the email? Should you trust the email? I have used a service that did mail the 1099-MISC to the recipients for me.

Comment

Originally posted by David1980 View Post
            I agree with taxea on this one. Certainly there's a convenience to having email, but if you personally received an email from an unknown company asking you to enter digits from your SSN to view a document would you trust the email? Should you trust the email? I have used a service that did mail the 1099-MISC to the recipients for me.
            Excellent point and in that is exactly why I WILL NOT deal with just any website that is looking for my SSN to give me a document! I don't trust any links in an e-mail from an unknown sender!
            Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Working...
            X