minimum coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

minimum coverage

Does A client over 65 that receives social security meet the minimum health coverage requireent or Do I need to be concerned with what parts of medicare they have?

My 2 cents worth was if they had medicare ALL year they were covered. However you could have other family members or dependents that were not covered. Just have to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by gman View Post
      Does A client over 65 that receives social security meet the minimum health coverage requireent or Do I need to be concerned with what parts of medicare they have?
      Part A meets the requirements. It doesn't matter whether they have B or D.

Comment

PART a

So if part A is not listed on the 1099 ssa they do not meet the minimum coverage requirement unless they have coverage elsewhere?
        Thank you

Comment

Part A is never listed on the SSA1099 as there is no premium deduction for it. But if he has Part B or D which does require a premium and that is indicated on his SSA1099, then you can be assured he has Part A. He WILL have a Medicare card which you can review and/or make a copy of if you wish documentation. Then all you have to do is verify that he was covered all year if this is the first year he began receiving SS benefits. If not, you need to verify other credible coverage for the period he was not covered by Medicare. I had one like this last year. He was not covered for the first 4 months of the year, until he qualified for Medicare in May. So there was a penalty for that period.
          Last edited by Burke; 01-29-2016, 11:09 AM.

Comment

thank you

for that information. I needed that breakdown of the parts.

Comment

Working...
            X