EA Exam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EA Exam

Thanks for the "attaboys" on another thread when I vented my fear of taking the exam.
    I don't intend to practice before the IRS and that is why I don't mind hiding behind my fear of taking the exam.
    Truth is now, I have been working for myself for 4 tax seasons out of 11 total seasons/years and I can see myself doing this for a long long time.
    I have lots of changes in my life this year and am looking for security in my workplace. Since we are moving closer to qualifying tax preparers in some fashion, and a test of some kind, I am feeling like I need to take the EA exam.
    One suggestion was memorizing the formulas and writing them down as soon as you sit down for the exam, which is brilliant! I might not be able to remember squat, but I CAN memorize! How wierd is that?
    Another suggestion was NATP study course. It won't hurt to get that right now, and plan to test next year.
    Are there other things I can use to prepare? Websites?
    Thanks for the encouragement!
    ~possi
    "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

I highly recommend this website for studying.

You get unlimited access to study all 4 parts for only $99. You can even try it for free so you know what you are paying for in advance.

They use actual test questions from past years EA tests and explain the answers so that you know why you missed the ones you missed.

I used this as my only study guide and passed the test on the first try.

p.s. Good luck!

Comment

Know the Feeling

I have been doing taxes since 1985 and the only reason I am taking the test is because of the new changes for tax preparers. I just have trouble taking test. Any kind of test. I think the test will be different this year because of the computer test so don't know about memorizing. Check out the website www.prometric.com/irs and you can get info on taking the test. At least the test will be given at a local site so I won't have to travel anywhere. I have ordered the study material from NATP and I am suppose to receive it next week. There several website that offer study courses.Google will direct you to several.

Comment

Working...
      X