1099 issuing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1099 issuing

Client is building a business structure, not finished at the end of 2015, that will be put into service in 2016. He has paid some labor expenses, but isn't deducting them or capitalizing this year. Does he still send a 1099 for money he isn't using as a deduction?

Originally posted by JenMO View Post
    Client is building a business structure, not finished at the end of 2015, that will be put into service in 2016. He has paid some labor expenses, but isn't deducting them or capitalizing this year. Does he still send a 1099 for money he isn't using as a deduction?
    If he paid in 2015 $600 or over then he needs to send 1099 to the recipient. Hopefully he had W9 signed.
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Yes

Originally posted by JenMO View Post
      Yes. I suppose you could enter the amounts under contract labor, then back them off on p. 2 with an explanation. It might seem more logical to the client, too, when he looks at the return. Just a thought.
      If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

I agree with yes. He can add them to setup costs for when he opens the business.
        Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Thanks, my thoughts, too

Comment

Working...
          X