Health care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Health care

A social security statement that only show part B premiums are considered or not considered to meet the ACA requirement.?
    What on the form 1099 ssa meets the minimum requirement?
    Do I need more information than what is on the SSA form to determine if they have minimum required coverage?

Thanks

1095b

They are sending out 1095-B forms for medicare. We have seen some already.

Dusty

Comment

1099 SSA part A

Originally posted by gman View Post
      A social security statement that only show part B premiums are considered or not considered to meet the ACA requirement.?
      What on the form 1099 ssa meets the minimum requirement?
      Do I need more information than what is on the SSA form to determine if they have minimum required coverage?

Thanks
      I am also wondering if you have part A, but not participate in part B, are you considered meet ACA requirement?

Comment

I am fairly certain that the following is true (from notes I took at a class):

A taxpayer has minimum essential coverage if they have Medicare Part A coverage only or both Medicare Part A and Part B coverage. Medicare Part B only will not qualify as minimum essential coverage (not sure how you accomplish that, but the taxpayer might have other coverage that qualifies). Alternately, you may have a Medicare Advantage plan (Part C?) which would also qualify as minimum essential coverage.
        Doug

Comment

Working...
        X