Eic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eic

Clients are filing MFJ they have one child ten yr old. Gross income is 39663. Do they get $795 EIC? The Tax Book says yes my software says no. The Tax Book fine print says no. My clients did free IRS tax forms and it said yes. I'm confused

Source of Income

Is there a investment income in excess of $3400?
    I would put a favorite quote in here, but it would get me banned from the board.

Comment

Software

I don't know about your software, but mine (Drake) puts you through the ringer to claim EIC. You have to fill out all of the EIC related forms in your software package. What documents did you rely on (medical, school records, etc)? Anyone a Non Resident Alien or space alien? Anyone purchase any expired canned meats? Did anyone in the household wear tinfoil on their heads whilst watching Close Encounters of the Third Kind? Etc, etc, etc
      Circular 230 Disclosure:

Don't even think about using the information in this message!

Comment

Eic

That's just it clients only income is 3 W2s. talked to software people and discovered it was their glitch. Use Drake and trusted it and I still do because support is the greatest

Comment

My tax software also put you through the ringer for EIC to calculate, gotta answer several questions just right or it will not calculate. Mine is ATX.

Comment

Glitch?

Originally posted by FRAZZLED View Post
            That's just it clients only income is 3 W2s. talked to software people and discovered it was their glitch. Use Drake and trusted it and I still do because support is the greatest
            Hey Frazzled, I am curious (because I too use Drake), what was the glitch? And, did they fix the glitch in an update recently?
            Circular 230 Disclosure:

Don't even think about using the information in this message!

Comment

Working...
            X