1095's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1095's

most employees having insurance will receive a 1099. Most employee w-2s have this info on the form with code DD. Is the info from the 1095 put somewhere, or is the box with minnimum coverage just marked? What about children receiving medicaid or some sort of state insurance. Will there be a 1095 for that?

1095 not 1099, sorry

Comment

Originally posted by JenMO View Post
      most employees having insurance will receive a 1099. Most employee w-2s have this info on the form with code DD. Is the info from the 1095 put somewhere, or is the box with minnimum coverage just marked? What about children receiving medicaid or some sort of state insurance. Will there be a 1095 for that?
      DD will not tell you if there was a coverage gap or if all people on return were covered. 1095B will be issued for gov't coverage such as Medicaid and CHIP. It may vary by software, but the purpose of 1095B & C is to give you info regarding coverage so you can accurately check box if full year coverage or not.

Comment

really can't file til all those forms are received. Some of my early filers will be disappointed that they have to wait. I guess if they have no insurance it won't matter and we can file anyway. i do have a few of those.

Comment

Originally posted by JenMO View Post
          really can't file til all those forms are received. Some of my early filers will be disappointed that they have to wait. I guess if they have no insurance it won't matter and we can file anyway. i do have a few of those.
          The only 1095 you have to wait for is the 1095A.

You do not have to wait or have the 1095B or 1095C to file the return.

What did you do last year?

I had the taxpayer(s) sign a form verifying that they had health insurance for the full year. And each dependent was listed on the form with the same information.

I am using the same form with a place to mark which 1095, A B or C, that I have. And that if the taxpayer hadn't received the 1095, that they would bring it in when it was received.

I can't wait until the 1095 B or C arrives. I couldn't get all the returns out by 4/15.

I do not have any clients that will have a 1095A.
          Jiggers, EA

Comment

Working...
          X