Principal business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Principal business

Taxpayer starts trucking partnership to haul his cattle/grain products. Recieves a letter from IRS to file form 1065 and form 943 and gave them there federal ID #. Is this trucking business in the business of farming---- Schedule F on the 1065 or no Schedule F?? Taxpayer filed ss-4 . I am doing 1065. I did not think it would be farming, but
    IRS asks for form 943.

you said "his cattle and grain products" which causes me to believe he is a farmer. I think if he is a trucking partnership just hauling these items then he would not need an FEIN unless he does payroll for employees and/or needs it for his business bank account. This needs to be clarified with the IRS
    Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Partnership

His brother is %50 owner in the trucking business. Only hauls grain/cattle for taxpayers farm. Schedule F on the 1065?

Comment

Originally posted by gman View Post
        His brother is %50 owner in the trucking business. Only hauls grain/cattle for taxpayers farm. Schedule F on the 1065?
        Farming is defined as raising crops or agricultural products. The partnership is not producing any farm products. Principal business is transportation industry.

Comment

Originally posted by kathyc2 View Post
          Farming is defined as raising crops or agricultural products. The partnership is not producing any farm products. Principal business is transportation industry.
          943 is a totally separate animal. That is an annual payroll return.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by spanel View Post
            943 is a totally separate animal. That is an annual payroll return.

Chris
            943 is for agricultural employees only. It appears on the SS4 it was indicated that the partnership has agricultural employers which is does not IMO.

Comment

Thank you

I know the 943 is payroll for agriculture which made me question the schedule F in the first place. I have never considered trucking the product as farming so I was suprised the IRS requested form 943.

Comment

as I said before, you need to clarify what the IRS thinks it knows before you prepare anything. Once everyone is clear on the issues then you will know what is and isn't needed.
                Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
                X