CPE Record of Completion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPE Record of Completion

Heard from the IRS a few days ago, sending me instructions how to check on my "Record of Completion" for CPE credentials.

The instructions do not connect to their website. There is a PTIN screen where I am supposed to look for "AFSP Record of Completion - Elect to Participate" on the Main Menu where we are able to complete the process.

Sorry, IRS. Nowhere on this menu is there such a selection.

Has anyone else been there?

Ptin account

Originally posted by Snaggletooth View Post
    Heard from the IRS a few days ago, sending me instructions how to check on my "Record of Completion" for CPE credentials.

The instructions do not connect to their website. There is a PTIN screen where I am supposed to look for "AFSP Record of Completion - Elect to Participate" on the Main Menu where we are able to complete the process.

Has anyone else been there?
    Think you have to sign into your PTIN account for this certificate if you want it ( think you have to take X# of CE credits in annual cycle.
    Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Anyone Else?

Anyone else? Taxnj did not answer the question or provide anything of substance.

Comment

Have not received the letter you are referring to from IRS - however

TaxNJ gave you the correct information - maybe just not the step by step - by going to your PTIN account

Link - https://www.irs.gov/Tax-Professional...turn-Preparers

On right under HOT TOPICS - Access your online PTIN account

Returning User - User ID and Password

After Sign In - page is - Manage My PTIN Account and Additional Activities
        Under Additional Activities you will see View My Cont Ed Credits - Select

You can then select by year and do expand

I just had to perform this, as my 2015 CPE credits were not reported correctly and I had to notify the CPE provider to correct - Yea! the CPE credits now show for year 2015.

Sandy

Comment

Message I received

Thanks Sandy - and apologies to NJTAX as I thought he missed the point entirely. Apparently not.

The problem was the message I received directed me to https://www.irs.gov/ptin. And then instructed to look for "AFSP Record of Completion - Elect to Participate". It's simply not there.

I'll work through it - thanks and apologies to NJTAX

Comment

Thanks - sandy & snaggle

Thanks Sandy - and apologies to NJTAX as I thought he missed the point entirely. Apparently not.

The problem was the message I received directed me to https://www.irs.gov/ptin. And then instructed to look for "AFSP Record of Completion - Elect to Participate". It's simply not there.

I'll work through it - thanks and apologies to NJTAX
            Thanks to both of you. As Sandy posted, you should see the info once you login to your PTIN account.

Snaggletooth if you needed a step by step guidance - we may have to bill you (only kidding).

Based on one's credentials, this Annual Filing Season Program Record of Completion serves no additional purpose.

We received an e-mail titled "Annual Filling Season Program Eligibility Notice" which basically said:

Dear Tax Professional:

You have met the continuing education requirements for the Internal Revenue Service's 2016 Annual Filing Season Program.

The program was created to recognize the efforts of non-credentialed return preparers who voluntarily obtain continuing education credits and meet certain other requirements.

Our records indicate you are an authorized Department of Treasury Circular 230 practitioner. As an attorney, certified public accountant, enrolled agent, enrolled retirement plan agent, or enrolled actuary subject to all Circular 230 rights and responsibilities, an Annual Filing Season Program Record of Completion serves no additional purpose. However, if you wish to obtain a 2016 Annual Filing Season Program Record of Completion, you may log into your PTIN account and elect to participate in the program. Once the indicated steps are complete, you may print your Record of Completion.

To access the log in page, visit www.irs.gov/ptin. After you log in, select "AFSP Record of Completion - Elect to Participate" on the Main Menu to complete the process.

For more information about the new Annual Filing Season Program, visit https://www.irs.gov/Tax-Professional...Season-Program.
            Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

I was going to post a quote from the email, which I received on November 6th, but I see someone else already has. The email DOES have a link ("connect") to the web site, and there IS such a selection on the menu. It might help to get someone else to look over your shoulder while you navigate the web site.

If you didn't get the email because you haven't provided an address to the IRS, then maybe you injured yourself in the pedal extremity.
              "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

I did not receive the email. however as soon as the filing period started, I sent in my renewal application and within two weeks,I received my new card. I couldn't believe Uncle Sam was that fast.

brian
                Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Working...
                X