IRS E-Services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS E-Services

I just for the first time pulled 3 years transcripts for a client off the IRS web-sight E-Services. Any practitioner can do this who E-files returns (the transcripts do not have to be from an E-filed return) I found this a great service except that if was very time consuming to get started with it, and took 2 tech support phone calls. One with no wait, and the other call with about a 10 minute wait. I'am hesitant to use it again because it's so time consuming going through the screens, including filling out an on screen Power of Attorney. But then again, the more I use it, the quicker I'll get at it. I'm curious what your experiences have been.

Yes

it takes time getting started but after that I love it. Used it last year to get transcripts for a client and again this year.Only downside is changing your password. I know this is for security but I have a book full of passwords for different websites. Have to write them down as so many I can't remember them all.

Comment

Passwords

Originally posted by Donanita
      it takes time getting started but after that I love it. Used it last year to get transcripts for a client and again this year.Only downside is changing your password. I know this is for security but I have a book full of passwords for different websites. Have to write them down as so many I can't remember them all.
      Yes Donanita (is that Itlalian?). I have an excel file just to keep track of my passwords and I'am up to line 37. However by the name I gave the file along with some red-herring titles in it; one would have a hard time finding it in my machine.

Comment

I signed up for e-services last year, but don't use it much. Most of my need for transcripts is for prior year non-filers and those aren't available due to the AGI requirement. I also use the 8821 for most clients rather than a 2848 and the 8821 isn't supported yet by e-services. Find it easier to call PHL and fax the 8821 to that person and get the transcript faxed to me, takes about 7 minutes plus holding time.

Daniel
        "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

E-Services

I, like Taxmandan, also use the PHL for transcripts. It is so easy. Like taxmandan says,
          within minutes you have the transcripts right there in front of you. I use the form 2848.

Comment

I LOVE e-services

I use it almost every week, as I have begun to incorporate much more representation work in my practice. Once the POA is on file I can go and get all the info I need without having to talk to a soul.

It does take some getting used to, but it's worth the initial effort, in my opinion.

JoshInNC

Comment

Form 8821

is now being excepted by e-services. That is what I filed.

Comment

Excel

Originally posted by John of PA
                Yes Donanita (is that Itlalian?). I have an excel file just to keep track of my passwords and I'am up to line 37. However by the name I gave the file along with some red-herring titles in it; one would have a hard time finding it in my machine.
                May start a file as my book is filling up fast. I will be sure to back up though as I had 2 computers crash during tax season.

Not Itlalian just a combo of two names.

Comment

What brand of computers?

Comment

Crash

Originally posted by Donanita
                    May start a file as my book is filling up fast. I will be sure to back up though as I had 2 computers crash during tax season.

Not Itlalian just a combo of two names.
                    Sorry to hear of the crashes. I like the name Donanita. I always stuck to brand name and so far (knock on wood if I can find any, all I see is plastic) no crashes ex: Compaq, Dell

Comment

Dell's crash as fast as anybody elses. Had a brand new Dell Optiplex out of the box crash on the 2nd re-boot after ID'ing it for the network. Have had two 1 year old Dell SX-270's crash this year and a 4 yr old SX60 Optiplex go down just 2 weeks ago. All have been under 3 year warrenty except the SX60. Am beginng to stockpile HD's for replacements.

Comment

In the computer community with the tech ppl, Dell is considered a joke.

Comment

Dell at

home went down after 2+ years-the office we rotate 1 out every 4 years and it has been 5 years since one went down. You have to stop washing those Dells in your bath tub. they will last longer....

Comment

Hp

Originally posted by veritas
                            What brand of computers?
                            Loved HP but went with new Gateways which I vowed never to buy again.Support is lousy but the price was right on a package deal and buying two was trying to keep cost down.So far they have run like a top.Just hope I don"t need to call support for anything.

Comment

So then What

So if Dell is considered to be a joke, what about HP, I started with their computers several years ago and had to dump all or rebuild, and their service was lousy. I had 4 replacements on one computer in less than 2 months and tech support blamed it on anything and everything not having to do with computer hardware.

going with Dell in late 2003, had only one computer go down. Service has been about a B+. Sales I think the whole system was oversold!

So what would be the computer of choice, short of having a Computer Tech build one???

Any suggestions would be welcomed as I am approaching year 3 on the current system!

Sandy

Comment

Working...
                              X