Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

suggestions for a new HP lazer jet printer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suggestions for a new HP lazer jet printer ?

I am looking at getting a new HP Lazer Jet Printer. I want it to print at least 26 PPM and also be network ready and only black NOT colored. I want to stay with HP. Any suggestions?
    Looking at Staples website. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have the 4015n and I love it. You can even purchase an additional tray that holds 1500 pages. The tray that comes with it holds 500. It is monochrome and very fast.
    Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Brother

Originally posted by nwtaxlady View Post
      I am looking at getting a new HP Lazer Jet Printer. I want it to print at least 26 PPM and also be network ready and only black NOT colored. I want to stay with HP. Any suggestions?
      Looking at Staples website. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
      I know you asked about HP Printers but I have been purchasing the Brother MFC (currently 8710). The can copy, scan, fax and print. 40 PPM. Workhorses for me. They just keep working. Price under $400. You can network and wireless print.

Dusty
      Last edited by Dusty2004; 11-30-2015, 09:00 AM. Reason: Enter price, network and wireless info

Comment

I also am a fan of Brother MFC and have 8710 currently. It you are open to Brother make sure to get a model that accepts the high yield toner as you'll save a lot on supplies over the years. My prior brother gave me 7 years of great service!

Comment

Another vote here for Brother. I bought a 5470DW for about $175 after rebates. It prints 40ppm, offers air print, wifi, etc, and the tray holds 250 sheets of paper. I liked it so much that a couple of months later I bought a second one for another workstation in my office. The duplication is nice because if toner runs out in one, you can switch the cartridge from the one that is used less as a temporary measure. It does give plenty of advance notice when toner is low, though, so that should not be a problem. And it does have an alternative high-capacity cartridge which, as Kathy pointed out, is very nice. Plus the cost per page is less with that cartridge.

You have to replace the drum at about 30,000 copies, but even after factoring in that cost I still think it's a good deal.
          Last edited by JohnH; 11-30-2015, 07:14 PM.
          "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Thanks for posting the question, I am also looking to purchase a printer.

-Cameron Hernandez

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty2004 View Post
              I know you asked about HP Printers but I have been purchasing the Brother MFC (currently 8710). The can copy, scan, fax and print. 40 PPM. Workhorses for me. They just keep working. Price under $400. You can network and wireless print.

Dusty
              I use two printers. The HP4015n and Brother 8710DW for smaller print jobs. Thanks to Dusty I did some research and determined that this printer has a 500 sheet tray which I will be purchasing as the one that comes with it runs out of paper too fast. Awesome price on Amazon too. Price under 350.

Comment

I use the P3015

I use the HP P3015. At about $450. it's a work horse. You would be very satisfied with it.
                The one I'm currently using is about 5 year old and works great.

Comment

Hp printer

Bought 3015 used for $150.00 with two trays works great for two years so far.

Comment

Originally posted by taxea View Post
                    I use two printers. The HP4015n and Brother 8710DW for smaller print jobs. Thanks to Dusty I did some research and determined that this printer has a 500 sheet tray which I will be purchasing as the one that comes with it runs out of paper too fast. Awesome price on Amazon too. Price under 350.
                    What printer do you use for your larger print jobs?

Comment

Originally posted by CamCHernandez View Post
                      What printer do you use for your larger print jobs?
                      the HP, with the additional tray mine holds a total of 2000 sheets.

Comment

Working...
                      X