SOFTWARE question: Adobe XI pro vs. Adobe Pro DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOFTWARE question: Adobe XI pro vs. Adobe Pro DC

I use Adobe Acrobat XI pro for: scanning docs, make forms that are not fillable, fillable and create fillable forms. The software probably does more but right now that is all I need it for. Does Adobe acrobat DC have at least the same features XI pro has?

Site

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
    I use Adobe Acrobat XI pro for: scanning docs, make forms that are not fillable, fillable and create fillable forms. The software probably does more but right now that is all I need it for. Does Adobe acrobat DC have at least the same features XI pro has?
    If you go to the ADOBE web-site, a features comparison of the two products is available
    Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

The "features comparison" at the web site is pretty incomplete, and is highly slanted toward the DC product as well as a cloud subscription, which is obviously what Adobe is pushing. Further, since there is "special upgrade pricing" for current XI Pro users to the DC Pro version, I assume the latter is more expensive.

My take is that if you work on a Mac, or are creating PDF content from scratch, you might want the DC product. Since neither of those things applies to me as a tax professional, I'm sticking with XI Pro for now.
      "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Complete

Originally posted by Rapid Robert View Post
        The "features comparison" at the web site is pretty incomplete, and is highly slanted toward the DC product as well as a cloud subscription, which is obviously what Adobe is pushing. Further, since there is "special upgrade pricing" for current XI Pro users to the DC Pro version, I assume the latter is more expensive.

My take is that if you work on a Mac, or are creating PDF content from scratch, you might want the DC product. Since neither of those things applies to me as a tax professional, I'm sticking with XI Pro for now.
        Ok, then where is a "complete" feature comparison if not on the developers web-site that you can share since you say it is incomplete?

Are you "assuming" or do you know if by upgrading to the new DC PRO that one does not have to pay for the cloud service? Think you can buy the product at a slightly lower cost by not taking the "cloud" service.

Though you are correct that "a cloud subscription, which is obviously what Adobe is pushing."

Comment

Originally posted by TAXNJ View Post
          Ok, then where is a "complete" feature comparison if not on the developers web-site that you can share since you say it is incomplete?
          I said it was incomplete because the rows of the comparison table omit a lot of features that I use regularly in Acrobat XI. For example: sign, add text, markups, text recognition, etc. The comparson table is only a page or two in length, how could that possibly cover all the major features of either product? It's just the ones they want you to focus on.

Back to the OP: I think the answer is "Yes" (version XI is a subset of version DC, if I have the terminology right). The comparison table certainly wants you to draw that conclusion.
          "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Great

Originally posted by Rapid Robert View Post
            I said it was incomplete because the rows of the comparison table omit a lot of features that I use regularly in Acrobat XI. For example: sign, add text, markups, text recognition, etc. The comparson table is only a page or two in length, how could that possibly cover all the major features of either product? It's just the ones they want you to focus on.

Back to the OP: I think the answer is "Yes" (version XI is a subset of version DC, if I have the terminology right). The comparison table certainly wants you to draw that conclusion.
            Agree. The ADOBE Pro is a great product especially if going paperless offering what you say "sign, add text, markups, text recognition, etc." and more. Don't know if the upgrade to XI Pro if necessary but either version is worth the investment.
            Last edited by TAXNJ; 11-24-2015, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X