Beginner Tax Course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginner Tax Course

An acquaintance is asking me if I have any experience with online tax courses offered by Liberty and others. They are somewhat knowledgeable about accounting concepts but need to learn about tax rules. Have any of you had success with people learning from these basic courses? If so, can you recommend what you've used?

Thanks.

Tax Book

I believe the Tax Book has a good one.

Dusty

Comment

Recommend HRB Basic Tax Course, but it is probably already too late to get for this year. Usually starts in Sept.

Comment

It may just be my style of learning, but I think reading Publication 17 (preferably twice) and going line-by-line on the major tax forms to see how they work is a fantastic way to learn taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by TaxGuyBill View Post
          It may just be my style of learning, but I think reading Publication 17 (preferably twice) and going line-by-line on the major tax forms to see how they work is a fantastic way to learn taxes.
          I agree, but we live in a time where people prefer to be taught rather than learn.

Comment

Firm

Originally posted by tpert View Post
            An acquaintance is asking me if I have any experience with online tax courses offered by Liberty and others. They are somewhat knowledgeable about accounting concepts but need to learn about tax rules. Have any of you had success with people learning from these basic courses? If so, can you recommend what you've used?

Thanks.
            Go to college for an accounting degree and take all the tax courses offered while working for a local CPA firm especially during tax season.
            Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Originally posted by kathyc2 View Post
              I agree, but we live in a time where people prefer to be taught rather than learn.
              me too and continue to use it and THE TAX BOOK as a resource.
              Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions

I could not find a course on The Tax Book's website, but I will give him their number and suggest he contact them.

I know the Block courses are nearly over now and I am not in the mood to try to teach someone like this (there is really too much to teach without some kind of syllabus).

Thanks again.

Comment

Tax Course

Peoples Tax has a fairly good course and not deep pocket expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by tpert View Post
                    I could not find a course on The Tax Book's website, but I will give him their number and suggest he contact them.

I know the Block courses are nearly over now and I am not in the mood to try to teach someone like this (there is really too much to teach without some kind of syllabus).

Thanks again.

The Tax Book has several courses, but not any 'full' courses that last several weeks to teach ALL of the basics. They best ones I can see are "Individual Tax Prep 101", "Individual Tax Prep 201" and "Annual Federal Tax Refresher".

TheTaxBook is the #1 fast-answer tax publication in America. Our publications provide fast answers to tax questions for tax practitioners!

Comment

I took Prontotaxclass.com to renew my CTEC license and really liked them. It is inexpensive, and has videos.

Good luck,
                      Cameron Hernandez

Comment

Income Tax Course

Many local community colleges offer an Income Tax course. I teach Income Tax, Payroll Accounting, and Financial Accounting for our local community college. The courses are very in-depth and provide a good foundation for someone starting out in income tax. Most community colleges offer these type of courses online and in-person. Great value for your money.

Comment

Working...
                        X