No announcement yet.

New Business Start Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first yellow page ad started out at $85 per month and went up from there to where I am now $260. Most companies like BellSouth have a "grow with us" compagin where they will gradually go up on you in three years. I have two 3 inch ads and one smaller inch ad. I am surrounded by competition but like I said I have a advantages as I listed. Some of the competition copied a few of my little tag lines in from my ad this year.

Of course yellow pages is not the only form of advertising. I'm just mentioning what helped me. Return rate has been very good. I'm just saying don't count it out.

Comment

Start Up Business Advertising

In all my years in this business, I've found publication ads a complete waste of money. All you get are price shopper type clients looking for a bargain price, rather than seeking a quality type preparer professional they can depend upon like they do a medical professional, year round. I have discouraged these "storefront' type clients. If all they're seeking is e-filing, quick refunds, paper pushers - let them go to the mass producers - the "Block heads".
      One source of advertising I've found effective, getting better quality clients, has been bookkeepinghelp.com which is a national listing service where you're able to tailor your professional credentials and services, as I've found that more people today are turning to internet usage to seek tax and accounting professionals.
      The web address is http://www.bookkeepinghelp.com
      Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Working...
      X