IRS wait times on the phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS wait times on the phone

What's up? Been on hold for 90 minutes already.

You're halfway there... maybe
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Last week we got a recording that they were too busy to answer. You couldn't even hold for anyone.
      You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Yesterday, I called the phone number on the notice for collections, was on hold for about 90 min. Employee could not see that stay of enforcement was recorded and says she needs to transfer me. Automatic message said: Wait at least 60 min. I hung up.

Bad thing is that I went to our local office to request CNC status and it appears I encountered a bad employee. My State Liaison Stakeholder found out who the supervisor is that was supposed to contact me (not in my State). That hasn't happened either. I will need to go to the local office again and insist they record a stay of enforcement, at least that.

I feel I am between a rock and a hard place while the IRS computers spit out levy notices earlier then ever before.

Comment

In addition

...I checked on e-services, which still showed CP14 as the last action - over two month ago.

Comment

I gave up at 1:45 minutes because a client walked into the office.

Called again and waited just 35 minutes.

Yeah, even on the priority line you can get the "we are too busy to take your call".

Last month I had an issue and called the IRS - waited the 45 minutes and the IRS rep said she couldn't hear me and hung up.

Comment

I wrote to my Congressman

Everyone, write to your Congressman, I did it two days ago. The IRS needs more funding.

Comment

Originally posted by Kram BergGold View Post
                Everyone, write to your Congressman, I did it two days ago. The IRS needs more funding.
                Yes, they do need it. But Lois Lerner and the IRS Kommish acted so arrogantly in front of Congress and their actions are what is cutting their funding.

Both should be in prison. jmo!
                Jiggers, EA

Comment

Originally posted by Kram BergGold View Post
                  What happened to the money they were supposed to save by forcing everyone to efile?
                  Businesses must now epay their employment taxes, where did that savings go?
                  They save millions by direct depositing refunds, what happened to that money?
                  Lastly what did they do with the millions generated by the ptin renewal fee?

You don't get funding restored by acting like a petulant child and pleading the 5th in front of congress offering little more than the old "dog ate my homework" excuse.
                  In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
                  Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

I'm sure there's absolutely no way they can save money on operations and live within their budget.
                    Clearly, the only place they can cut costs is on the front-facing side where they interact with the taxpayers.
                    Not a penny can be found anywhere else.

Reminds me of how the local government works.
                    If the taxpayers revolt and try to limit their city or county managers' ability to levy more taxes, there's only one place to cut.
                    Clearly, the only option is to sell the firehouse, reduce police services, and close public parks & libraries.
                    It isn't possible to wring any savings out of their bloated bureaucratic spending.
                    No possibility at all....
                    Last edited by JohnH; 09-03-2015, 04:22 PM.
                    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

John H, I didn't know you lived in my town. That's what our Mayor and Council say.
                      In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
                      Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Do you think there's another major similarity between our towns?
                        I'm betting that lots of those "essential" and "critical" sacred bureaucratic positions are disproportionately held by nieces, nephews, sons, and daughters of the mayor and council members as well.
                        Last edited by JohnH; 09-03-2015, 04:40 PM.

Comment

How about CA

As we all know, when you finally get through to the IRS, you usually can fax your POA while on the phone and probably get your TP's issue(s) resolved or need what needs to be done to get it resolved.

I called the non toll free CA tax practitioners hotline. Waited about 30 mins only to find out I need to talk to a certain person regarding my client and NO one else at the CA Franchise Board can discuss this with me. So I am transferred to the certain person and I get this persons voice box. I went back to chat at the CA website, that I admit is a good setup, when can I expect a return call from this certain person. 24-48 hours and after 48 hours if I don't receive a return call, I need to call the certain person back.

Comment

Working...
                          X