IRS CP2000 lttr no SS withheld?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS CP2000 lttr no SS withheld?

This one I never saw before. New client received CP2000 letter stating NO SS was withheld from all 3 W-2's reported on TP's 2013 tax return. I saw a copy of the return that was filed. All 3 W-2's had SS w/h. These 3 W-2's were issued by major companies. Is it possible thru e-filing transmission the amounts never made it?

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
    This one I never saw before. New client received CP2000 letter stating NO SS was withheld from all 3 W-2's reported on TP's 2013 tax return. I saw a copy of the return that was filed. All 3 W-2's had SS w/h. These 3 W-2's were issued by major companies. Is it possible thru e-filing transmission the amounts never made it?
    There must have been a mismatch. Respond by sending or faxing copies of W2 showing taxes withheld.
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

E-file blame

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
      More important question: Is it possible thru e-filing transmission the amounts were never entered in the first place?

FE

Comment

Working...
      X