• Time
  • Show
Clear All

15 yrs

Then you would be incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by jainen
      >>There is no question whatsoever<<

Pretty strong language. Your citation says 5 years for the sign, but 15 years for the post which is probably most of the cost.

I had the plastic inserts replaced in my exterior sign 5 years ago. The cost was about two thousand for the inserts alone. I have a monument sign which is mounted on a metal post sunk in concrete. I would go 15 yrs for the post and concrete and 5 years on everything else including electrical. Most of the cost is not in the post. But each case should be considered seperately.

Comment

True; true,

Originally posted by jainen
        I haven't posted anything outrageous or ridiculous recently
        You haven't been yourself lately, but...not to worry -- we may be able to get some mileage out of this tempest in a tunnel.

To add to the ongoing controversy here; what about the post hole? Okay, okay -- more specifically, how much time on the cost of the labor to dig the hole. 179? 5/7/15/39?

Although I'm taking the same tack as the rest of you -- I'm doing it my way and everybody else can drop dead -- there's always that pesky academic quandary: What's the right way to do it?

Kinda Clintonesque (define "right"), isn't it? Here's IRS's idea of right: My farmer client dug a water well and we wanted to 179 all of it, but IRS pub says 15 years. So, I call -- rep says "yes" on 179 for pipes, steel well casing, etc.; but "no" on labor to drill the well, which would seem to be the same thing as digging a slot for a post (a hole's a hole, ain't it?). The hole for the well is quite expensive; less so for a post, but, nonetheless it's a large post and no labor is cheap nowadays.

Any other definitions of "what's right"?

Comment

Then you would be incorrect
          Veritas,
          Thanks for setting me straight. It’s nice to have someone I can depend on for the correct answer. I will always treasure your answers, keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
            Veritas,
            Thanks for setting me straight. It’s nice to have someone I can depend on for the correct answer. I will always treasure your answers, keep up the good work.

Sorry my response was curt and impolite.

Comment

Working...
            X