CA Tax Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CA Tax Forum

I just returned from the CA IRS Tax Forum. I missed you guys and gals from The Taxbook there. I was so sure to find you between the vendors???

on this matter

I have no opinion on this matter.

Comment

Apparently

Apparently nobody else does either.

Comment

Thanks for your company, Jainen. Now I will live with a ? in my head for the rest of my life.

Comment

Bad Day

I think Jainen is having a bad day today!

Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriele
            I just returned from the CA IRS Tax Forum. I missed you guys and gals from The Taxbook there. I was so sure to find you between the vendors???
            There was a booth at the Chicago IRS Tax Forum, July 11 – 13. They did not have one at the Anaheim Forum. Joe said the booth was swamped with people wanting to see the book and hear the story.

Comment

Gabriele

I've never been to an IRS Tax Forum, but I have to get 40 hours of CE each year. Please excuse the number of following questions, but I'd like to know: What did you think about it? Are they any better than "regular" tax seminars? How long do they last, how much do they cost, and how many CE hours did you get for it? Are you going back next year? Any other thoughts, recommendations, or comments?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart
                I've never been to an IRS Tax Forum, but I have to get 40 hours of CE each year. Please excuse the number of following questions, but I'd like to know: What did you think about it? Are they any better than "regular" tax seminars? How long do they last, how much do they cost, and how many CE hours did you get for it? Are you going back next year? Any other thoughts, recommendations, or comments?

Thanks.
                Hi Bart, This was the first year I have attended a forum and it was more than worthwhile. The great thing that you can choose between several seminars, about half of the speakers from IRS, other half from tax organizations. The time frame for each seminar is a little short but I still didn't feel as worn out as after a two-day regular tax seminar.

Maybe has to do with a very long lunch break. Total CPE hours I earned: 17 but I think you can get up to 20 or so. Forum is very inexpensive, $159, but if you have to fly and stay in these hotels it adds up fast. Too fast for me, but I still will go again, not every year though.

I guess, it also depends on what else is available in your area. In Montana not much is presented, so I have to fly for everything but Gear up. This is the first time I attended something else but Gear up, so I don't really have much experience with other seminars offered. But I don't think you can beat the price for the forum.

Comment

Thank you

for that information.

Comment

It wasn't

>>Jainen is having a bad day<<

It wasn't a bad day. I just thought it was a nice, original topic and I didn't want it to disappear onto page 2 o 3 of the forum. So I put it back on top, and indeed some more good information was posted to it.

Comment

Thank you

for putting it back on top.

By the way, since you're in California I suppose you've had opportunities to go the IRS forums in the past. Did you? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, what seminars do you like?

Comment

further education

>>you've had opportunities to go the IRS forums in the past<<

As you are aware, I already know everything and have no need for further education.

Comment

True, true.

I, on the other hand, am afflicted with an astounding lacunae of knowledge; to wit (Latin for "to know"): I am a descendant of a prominent member of the "Know-Nothings." Since you know everything (i.e., are a carry-carrying know-it-all), this is perhaps a subject of which you may know nothing, as it's somewhat like the Seinfeld show ("about nothing"). I'll explain.

The "Know-Nothings" was a 19th century political party whose official title was the Order of United Americans. Its members were popularly known as "Know-Nothings" as a result of the group's policy of strict secrecy. If any member was asked about the society, the standard reply was "I know nothing;" thus the name.

The party was virulently anti-Catholic and granted membership only to native-born Protestants unrelated to Catholics by blood or marriage. However, a notable, sole exception was granted when my great-great-great grandfather, K. N. Bart -- an immigrant and a full-fledged Catholic -- was inducted into the group as a result of his reputation for "knowing nothing" to a degree which is unsurpassed to this day. He described his evolvement into a complete state of "nothingness" -- to wit: "I resolved to study less and less about more and more until I knew nothing about everything."

I believe his success in that endeavor is evident in the gene-inherited quality of my posts.
                          Last edited by Black Bart; 07-22-2006, 11:23 PM. Reason: don't know

Comment

sticky notes

>>perhaps a subject of which you may know nothing<<

Indeed, I did not know that. I will therefore reply to your previous inquiry.

Santa Cruz is an isolated community. On one side is nothing but non-potable water for 10,000 miles, and then only North Korea. (For some reason the sun rises over that western sea every morning, but that's a different topic.) On the other side is the Mystery Spot (as seen in Life Magazine). It takes a great journey of faith to go even as far as San Jose and we are not at all known as a faithful people.

One time I went to The City for an IRS forum. All they talked about was electronic filing (how much trouble it would save themselves) and collections (how much trouble they would cause us). It was obvious they were way off base on both predictions, so I never went back. However, all the vendors made the trip definitely worthwhile as I did score a whole year's supply of ball point pens and sticky notes.

Comment

The "Know-Nothings" was a 19th century political party whose official title was the Order of United Americans. Its members were popularly known as "Know-Nothings" as a result of the group's policy of strict secrecy. If any member was asked about the society, the standard reply was "I know nothing;" thus the name.

Now we all know today that the K-N party evolved into two seperate parties today known as the "D" better known as the Dumb (some think Demon) party and the "R" of course which we all know now means Right.

Comment

Working...
                              X