IRS E Services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS E Services

I am trying to update my password on e-servicesand get an error every time. Has anyone had this problem? I can enter my password info and click on my account, but it seems to get locked up with an error that something is wrong at that time. Thanks for any response.

I had same problem. Finally, I went to "forgot password" and went through the steps. Had to wait a couple of days for a confirmation code, but it finally went through. I seem to HAVE the same problem once a year (at this time!).

Comment

I had to change my password in June 2015, and there is a new protocol for the password with Caps,lower case, punctuations and special characters and possibly numbers.
      Managed to update! IRS eservice site said changing to better protect security.
      Also had to do on the FIRE system

Sandy

Comment

My understanding is that your password must be changed every 6 months and you cannot use any that you have used in the past. If you wait until it expires you will need to wait for the IRS letter of confirmation.
        Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

E-Services

Is this the correct website:

I have not updated my password for at least a year and when entered it, it gave me this message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, apache@%{Host}.rup.afsiep.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

So went thru the "forget your password" etc. etc. and created a new password and I guess I need to wait for a letter.

Comment

I received a Quickalert from IRS yesterday to update my account info on e-services.
            Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Quickalert?

Originally posted by ATSMAN View Post
              I received a Quickalert from IRS yesterday to update my account info on e-services.
              Is that in a form of an email? If not what form?

Comment

you will need to wait for a confirmation letter whenever you don't change your password before the 6 months is up.
                Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

IRS E-Services

What do you use E-services for?

Comment

Website

Originally posted by TBS View Post
                    What do you use E-services for?
                    Have you looked on the IRS website?

Tells you what you need to know
                    Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Working...