Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Form 2848 POA...MFJ. Does both TP & Spouse have to be named & sign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form 2848 POA...MFJ. Does both TP & Spouse have to be named & sign?

Form 2848 POA...MFJ. Does both TP & Spouse have to be named & sign and are both SS #'s need to be on the form? Looking at MFJ previous 2848 forms I completed, only TP name, SS # & TP only signed.

Need a separate form for each. One for the taxpayer one for the spouse.

Comment

Yes

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
      Form 2848 POA...MFJ. Does both TP & Spouse have to be named & sign and are both SS #'s need to be on the form? Looking at MFJ previous 2848 forms I completed, only TP name, SS # & TP only signed.
      Yes as MEDA's post reply. You may be looking at old form prior to july 2014. The updated form is dated July 2014

You can see the form 2848 instructions (line 7) that addresses your question. If you have Internet access you can get both the latest form and instructions on the IRS website.
      Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Good advice if you use an old form the IRS will not process it.
        In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
        Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

As a result of the IRS splitting the POA I have updated my POA files and submitted new individual POA's for all clients I am working with. Check the box to revoke prior POA's.
          Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
          X