Get transcript hack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get transcript hack

I was going to going to use the IRS "Get Transcript" website later this summer to dig up earnings, etc. for my client who has no records/clue what he made in some old years he was behind, but am kinda leery about it now. They say it's shut down now, but we can still apply by mail (my apologies, FE )

Anybody had any problems with this? Wish they'd give more details or clues about how to distinguish between them and the crooks.

You can always get them through eservices.
    In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
    Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

I agree E-Services is much easier for getting multiple years.
      Check out Tax Help Software from auditdetective.com it is renewable yearly and with a POA goes back to 1990
      Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Maybe so, but...

apparently the hackers are everywhere.

Find e-Services?tools for tax professionals, reporting agents, the mortgage industry, payers and others to complete IRS online transactions.

Comment

I did get that e-mail and when I looked at the sender address detail it just did not look right. It was a scam.

I went directly and logged to e-services and changed password.
          Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Working...
          X