IRS to refund RTRP test fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS to refund RTRP test fees

Looks as if the IRS has really thrown in the towel on their RTRP program!!

FE

They can give me back my money, but they're not getting my certificate back. I still feel it was an accomplishment to pass the test.

Comment

IRS says Certificate has no value!

Unfortunately that certificate has no value other than your sweet memories. The IRS website states that very clearly!

I took that off my wall and filed it away in the album with pictures.
      Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Originally posted by ATSMAN View Post
        Unfortunately that certificate has no value other than your sweet memories.

Not true. The RTRP certificate makes the "Annual Filing Season Program" (the voluntary and second version of RTRP) easier.

Non-credentialed return preparers learn the benefits of earning an Annual Filing Season Program - Record of Completion from the IRS. 

Comment

Dignity

You know, I decided long ago never to walk in anyone's shadows. If I fail, if I succeed, at least I'll live as I believe. No matter what they take from me, they can't take away my dignity.

A certificate means nothing my friend. Paper, money, accolades...they are no maker of the man/woman. You mean so much more than these things, so don't fret. Keep pressing on.
          Circular 230 Disclosure:

Don't even think about using the information in this message!

Comment

Originally posted by TaxGuyBill View Post
            Not true. The RTRP certificate makes the "Annual Filing Season Program" (the voluntary and second version of RTRP) easier.

http://www.irs.gov/Tax-Professionals...Season-Program
            That's right.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveinTexas View Post
              You know, I decided long ago never to walk in anyone's shadows. If I fail, if I succeed, at least I'll live as I believe. No matter what they take from me, they can't take away my dignity.

A certificate means nothing my friend. Paper, money, accolades...they are no maker of the man/woman. You mean so much more than these things, so don't fret. Keep pressing on.
              Well said, hallelujah! Keep living on and ENJOY your ride!

Comment

#9 ....waht a headache

Originally posted by FEDUKE404 View Post
                Looks as if the IRS has really thrown in the towel on their RTRP program!!

FE
                Imagine you paid for several of your employees and/or independent contractors RTRP exam(s) and most left the firm. IRS will refund the test taker. What a bummer. I came close to taking the exam just to have it on the wall along with my EA but never got around to it.

Comment

Working...
                X