Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 e-Filed return in 2015 - Processing time same as current year returns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012 e-Filed return in 2015 - Processing time same as current year returns?

I'm preparing to e-File a TY 2012 return in the next week or so and since it's still available to e-File that will be my step.

However, lingering question, what is the processing time frame on these? Since it's an older return does it take longer? Or, since it's e-Filed it's the same processing time as a current year return? Taxpayer has refunds due back on both Fed & State and I'll be indicating direct deposit.

Thanks!
    Maria R., CRTP
    Los Angeles, CA
    Software Used: ProSeries since 2008

2 Ways

Originally posted by MariaR08 View Post
    I'm preparing to e-File a TY 2012 return in the next week or so and since it's still available to e-File that will be my step.

However, lingering question, what is the processing time frame on these? Since it's an older return does it take longer? Or, since it's e-Filed it's the same processing time as a current year return? Taxpayer has refunds due back on both Fed & State and I'll be indicating direct deposit.

Thanks!
    1 - call IRS. sounds like a question they can answer.

2 - After you efile, have client check on IRS web-site. Where's My Refund? See if that works.

3 - If anyone on this site can give you a definite answer, consider buying them dinner for two
    Last edited by TAXNJ; 05-11-2015, 03:08 PM.
    Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Originally posted by MariaR08 View Post

Thanks!
      I e-filed a 2012 1040 on 3/25 and the taxpayer received refund ($1368) last week. State is still pending. I checked and a refund may be issued in the next 10 days. I got the ACK the very next day on both Fed and state.
      Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Originally posted by ATSMAN View Post
        I e-filed a 2012 1040 on 3/25 and the taxpayer received refund ($1368) last week. State is still pending. I checked and a refund may be issued in the next 10 days. I got the ACK the very next day on both Fed and state.
        That info helps a lot - thanks!
        Maria R., CRTP
        Los Angeles, CA
        Software Used: ProSeries since 2008

Comment

Working...
        X