I just renewed ProSeries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sea-tax
    Ok! well first inorder to use this program you must have an agi less than 50,000. Secondly , I am making an assumption here but i would think it does not handle more complicated returns similar to what you or I would do. If I understand the program or conspiracy as you call it, it only handles tax payers with w2's and maybe sch a.

Either way I don't see the problem. I just did a search of my database with my handy lacerte program and have found that less than 10% of my clients have an agi less than 50k. Also i think you underestimate the US population for being lazy. Most do not want the headache or trouble of self -preparing. Along the same reasons we still have landscapers, painters. Sure you can do it yourself but, for a relative low cost you can have the expertise and knowledge of a pro. Don't sell yourself short. You provide a valuable service that can't be replaced by a machine.
    We clearly have a different client base, only 10% of my clients have AGI above $50K. I do have a problem with the government actively promoting one private business over others in the marketplace and spending my tax money to do it.

Daniel
    "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

Pay per return for corporate, partnership, and fiduciary returns can be a good deal when added to the basic ProSeries package. You just have to run the numbers to see which way is most economical.

Comment

oh I agree - with almost any software I have such limited numbers on the partnership returns that PPR is my only real alternative.

Comment

Working...
        X