Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Tax Preparer 2014 Tax Software that runs under older MS Operating Systems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Tax Preparer 2014 Tax Software that runs under older MS Operating Systems?

Hi,

(1) I am looking for tax preparer 2014 tax software that runs under older Microsoft Operating Systems, specifically Windows 2000 & Windows XP.

Been running Lacerte but I do not want to replace all your in office computers yet since it requires Windows 7 which has a short life for Lacerte.

(2) Does anyone know where I can find tax preparer tax prep software comparisons in side by side chart format that might list the operating systems each software runs on.

Thank you for any & all information. You have been such a wonderful help! mikeburg

Originally posted by mikeburg View Post
    Hi,

(1) I am looking for tax preparer 2014 tax software that runs under older Microsoft Operating Systems, specifically Windows 2000 & Windows XP.

Been running Lacerte but I do not want to replace all your in office computers yet since it requires Windows 7 which has a short life for Lacerte.

(2) Does anyone know where I can find tax preparer tax prep software comparisons in side by side chart format that might list the operating systems each software runs on.

Thank you for any & all information. You have been such a wonderful help! mikeburg
    The NATP does an annual survey and publishes it on their website.

As I recall TaxAct, Drake, and ProSeries all claim to support XP which is a very poor choice to use from a security standpoint if you have client data on the machine.
    Doug

Comment

Drake will run on Win XP without any issues. You may have a tough time finding professional tax software whose current version still runs on Win 2000 or Win 98.

My old laptop (circa 2004) with 1MB memory runs Drake just as fast as my Dell i5 computer!
      Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Originally posted by mikeburg View Post
        Hi,

My .02

Windows 7 will be supported until January 14, 2020. There will be a FREE update this summer to Windows 10 for all 7 & 8 Computers. This update will be supported much much longer...

The reason your NOT going to find support for XP & 2000 and Should NOT have client data on Windows 2000 & XP computers is they are NOT secure & are risking EVERY single clients data. Not Very Smart for a $500 upgrade per PC for a good computer. If you can upgrade your current computers, it would be even less than that. Clients Data Stolen because you didnt want to upgrade to a Modern OS = Out of Business.

Chris

Comment

ProSeries still has 2000 forward available. 2000 through 2006 or 7 can be used on XP or on Win 7 with WIN 7 XP mode. I have them on my WIN 7 and have all of my ProSeries back to 1994. Although Microsoft doesn't provide updates or service for XP any longer, the WIN 7 XP mode works great.
          Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Thank you so much for all your info & comments. mikeburg

Thank you so much for all your info & comments. mikeburg

Comment

Working...
            X